Sunday, August 5, 2012

For Dad!!!


Well it's sunday morning here in Melbourne, the sun is shining and I'm still in my pj's, one child nursing a sore leg on the couch watching the flinstones and the other in my bed, with a temp of 38.8, coughing and runny nose watching the dinosaur train. So i figure while I'm not needed I'll do another post and share a card that I made for a friends Dad!! I have been working on a lot in the past few weeks but it's all DT work so it will start filtering through in the coming weeks and months!! I really enjoyed making this card though cos I had no them or sketch to follow so got to use my imagination (don't get me wrong though I love working with themes and sketches but just nice to to have to every once in awhile!!) and really pleased with the result!!! Hopefully the recipient likes it too!! :)


I decided to make an easel card so that I could fit everything in that I wanted to add to the card!
I coloured  Edwin in a little while ago so the colouring isn't the greatest. He was coloured in with Tria markers!! I cut out the image so that he could sit on the log (also coloured with Tria markers), then had to draw the ripples back in (poorly I  may add).  For the clouds I used chalk and to make the fishing line I found some silver twine which was perfect (well next to having fishing wire which I have none of ) The papers were from my scrap stash ( the blue one is a kaszazz paper) then I added the twine and the buttons. The letters are also from a button pack. I stamped birthday wishes on the tag. Then the inside of the easel card I tried to create water with the Kaszazz paper then added some fish (paper pieced) which are from a Popcorn Bear stamp set!! And too finish off the card I added some crystal effects to make some bubbles in the water. ( you may need to click on the photo to see them!!)
Like I said I was really pleased with the way this turned out, better than I had envisioned!!!!
I am entering this into the following challenges:
* 2 Sisters - Anything Goes
* Challenge Up Your Life - Everything Goes
* Southern Girls - Water Play
* Crafting for all Seasons - Splash Me
* Creative Card Crew - On the Beach/Under the sea
* Creative Mondays - Water
* Cupcake Craft - The Great Outdoors
* The Crazy Challenge - Under the Sea/Beside the Sea
* Magnolia Stamp Lovers - Edwin Only

12 comments:

  1. Oh wow I love this Leath I am sure that your friends dad will love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I hope that the boys get better soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This gorgeous creation is perfect for our Great Outdoors Challenge. Thanks so much for playing at Cupcake this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card,love Edwin and your design is fabulous...Hope your boys are feeling better???..
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alethea, a lovely card and a great idea, I love your colouring. Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew, good luck in the draw

    hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, lovely image and colour combination.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling masculine card! Thanks so much for stopping by and participating in Creative Card Crew's "Under the Sea/On the Beach" challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the card and using the easel stand for the fish pond was awesome. Thanks for playing along at the Creative Card Crew's "Under the Sea/On the Beach" challenge.

    Elle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic Easel card. Love the image nd design. Thank you for joining us at 2 Sisters challenge blog this week. Good luck. Hugs, Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous easel card for our Water Play challenge here at Southern Girls.Kx

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful card thanks for sharing with us at 2sisters this week , good luck with the chsllenge Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is so lovely! I like the soft colours and the easel-style :)
    Thanks for playing along at Challenge up your life!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! It's made my day!!